HOW I HIRE A MODEL FOR A PHOTO SHOOT
How do you hire a model for your shoot and what should you look for? If you're wondered how models are hired for big ad campaigns, watch this video below. You will learn everything that you need to help you hire the perfect model!
If you make the mistake of selecting the wrong model, you could be risking the entire photo shoot and possibly your relationship with the client. This video will help you through the process and I take you step-by-step into the selection process of WHY we hired Vanessa (our model) from Wilhelmina Models.
The modeling agency will send a "package" (online gallery of options who fit your criteria for this particular job). In viewing the package, I look for the following to help me decide on the final choice:
- Can the model give a series of emotions of are they limited to only a couple of looks?
- Can they work with the variety of textiles and clothing options?
- Can they push sex appeal and offer the same in a more conservative fashion?
- Do they understand their angles and in relation to the brand?
- Your job is to be the eye for the hair, makeup and wardrobe stylist. What do they need?
- Have they worked with other brands before? (Why this is critical)
- What size is the model? This will affect the work of the wardrobe stylist.
- Review their digitals to see the real person vs. retouched portfolio images
- Social media is there for more than just numbers, it tells you who they are. Make sure you bring the right person in front of your client.
- Is this their first shoot?
- Are they pleasant to have on set? (This applies to your entire crew)
Capturing the perfect image for your client is only the tip of the iceberg. Setting them up for a successful shoot, creating a campaign they can build on and providing an on-set experience for everyone involved is also the duty of the photographer and producer.