USED DIGITAL CAMERA BUYING GUIDE
When I started photography about 8-9 years ago, I had no idea of where to shop or what to purchase. I do recall a small camera store in Downtown Fullerton by a coffeehouse that was my second home. One day I stopped in there and decided to buy my first camera. Chris & Mike helped me out with this first purchase, a Canon 40D camera.
Now with my Instagram account and youtube channel, I get many questions from new photographers. Many of you asked how to purchase a used camera, and this is a video of all your questions compiled together.
Make sure you subscribe to the youtube channel. I'm posting many informative videos that will not only help you become a better photographer but you'll see interviews with people in the industry who can help with your career and direction. It's the channel that I wish I had, when I first started.
Here are the items discussed in this video:
- What are the general things to check on a used digital camera? These are the first round of inspections.
- What to bring with you on a private sale
- When to walk away
- What's the old camera you should purchase
- Should you invest more in a lens or body?
- Other not so obvious inspection points like ports, etc...
- Flash, Lens removal, mold, scratches, etc... Check for those.
- How do I know if the camera I'm buying is stolen or not? What should you look for?
- Ebay and Craigslist listings for camera sales
- What is shutter count and how to deal with it
- Should you buy from a professional photographer