What photography gallery do you use for clients?
What online gallery do you use for showcasing photography proofs to your clients? I've looked around quite a bit and tried a few. Out of respect I will not use their names, because they were great...just not easy to use, beautiful to look at, nor very functional on mobile. Last year I found a gallery that worked well for my needs, and it's Pixieset. At the end of the day, mobile galleries are where my clients live. They're on the road, in the middle of meetings, in the recording studio, and anywhere but their desk looking on a bigger screen.
I discovered the PixieSet Gallery from a wedding photography friend of mine. She wanted the easiest gallery to show her brides, and something that would make the pictures stand out to an eager audience. If you are a wedding or portrait photographer, there is also a shopping cart feature that lets you sell prints to the client. For my clients, who are mainly commercial and recording artists, that's not an option and I leave that out of the gallery.
Here are 5 great features I love about Pixieset
- They have a little HEART under each photograph. This gives the client an intuitive way of selecting the images they like. Who doesn't like clicking on a little red heart?
- Pixieset allow individual lists. If you're a wedding photographer, the groom can have his own favorites list than the bride. In fact, anyone you chose can have their own list. Sitting together to pick images is brutal, but if they have the opportunity to create their own favorites list, it's more convenient and you can cross reference which images they both love.
- It is mobile friendly. For the love go God, if you're website isn't mobile friendly then don't bother. This website is over 68% mobile usage. Clients text gallery links to their friends and family. Friends and family want to see it instantly and they need a mobile-friendly site.
- It's pretty to look at. We work in an aesthetic industry and our sole job is to make things beautiful. Could you imagine paying a lot of money at a restaurant and the chef presents your meal on a paper plate? Yeah, I couldn't imagine either. So don't present your beautiful work on a terrible gallery.
- Pixieset will watermark for you. You won't understand watermarking until a client takes your work, the small jpeg you present and posts it on Instagram without paying for it. Enough said.
Bonus Love: Pixieset lets you see when and who downloaded the images. This is important!
If you want to sign up, click here to redeem your bonus 250MB storage which is added to your already free 3GIG storage.
DISCLAIMER: This is not a paid/sponsored review. We do however, get some storage credit if you sign up. 1) we would only recommend products that would help your business 2) Pixieset is winning here, extra storage isn't that generous of them. We're recommending because it's what we use and because currently it's the best in the market.